Tuesday, April 1, 2008

:)


Good Evening Smylies!

I have been meaning to write on here for quite a while but I always find myself reading these posts and not realising that people may want to hear about myself. So for those of you who don't know me or know me very well here is a bit about me.


My name is Ellen but I go by several names, many of which are unfortunate as Ellen conveniently rhymes with ... well you work it out :) I just finished my degree in communication and Media and am an avid singer and piano player although I have recently neglected all my efforts in that area of late. I belong to Christina and Jouni Soininen and am the youngest of seven kids ... and I guess I am spoilt in that, even though I didn't get to spend my childhood running around with most of you, I am still blessed to be able to keep in contact thanks, in large part, to Aunty Sharry (who I see as my second mama since my trip to America) who had the foresight to create this blog. To the family I met in America: I was amazed by the warmth and love I felt from each of you as I visited you in your homes and instantly felt like I had known each one of you all my life. Sharing good food and funny stories, I miss the smylie family over the other side of the world. To the Smylies in Australia, I have loved every christmas, every baby blessing, every kitchen tea party where I honestly felt like I was in the coolest club on the earth (a loud one) but the coolest nonetheless.


I have been inspired to start a blog, despite my feelings of inadequacy after reading yours but the blog will be up and running soon so watch this space :)


Till next time ... much love


xoxo

3 comments:

Sarie said...

Love ya Ellen. Come back anytime (to Florida this time)!!!!!

Dee said...

Nice work. You are one of the lucky few who has crossed the great divide to actually meet with the other half. you truely are blessed.

Dinah said...

HiEllen, my one regret is that we were unable to connect when you came to the States. I would have loved to visit with you. I know we are not on the road to anywhere,but I do love where we live. It is so green and at times it reminds me of Ireland. Your pictures and stories are precious. Love you...