About 18 months ago I went round to Granny Smylie's place and went through her photographs so I could scan in pictures of grandad. I scanned them in and then put together a slideshow together. I was just looking through some of the pictures and thought it might be nice if I posted a few here. So here I go
Grandad and Uncle Zaj
Grandad, Granny and the cousins
Grandad as a child
Grandad and a few of his kids
- Matt
10 comments:
I am not sure who posted these, but I love them. I would love the whole slide show too. Keep them coming. I always thought grandad looked like a moviestar. We got some fantastic genes all around. Names to identify the children's picts would be good too. Some faces are just unmistakeable (levi, dinah ruth, autie chris) but I am not sure of the rest.
In the second photo down, from left to right the cousins are: Levi Smylie, Joseph Dunbar, Jacob Smylie, David Smylie (at the back), Amelia Sliedrecht (nee Soininen), Kate Conklin (nee Soininen), Austin Smylie, Joshua Dunbar and Dinah Peakman (nee Smylie).
In the last photo of Grandad and some of his children, the children are (anti-clockwise from Grandad): Christina, Steven, Shelley, Geraldine and baby Sharon.
Thanks to whoever posted these, they are great. I have so many wonderful memories of growing up with so many of my cousins. And Ariana I think Grandad in the photo with his children looks a little George Clooneyesque.
Sorry forgot to put my name down the bottom. I have all the photos and I think I still have the slideshow on the computer... I have it on cd. I don't know how to convert it from a vcd to an online video but I'll find out. If all else fails I can send the vcd.
matt - what a lovely surprise to see these pictures - thank you so much - the one at he back of the car was taken up at aldinga i think - unreal to think that all those little ones are grown, married and have babies all their own now!! time is such a stealthy beast!
thanks again matty - love you.
Awesome pics. The one in Aldinga makes me realize just how much family stuff the Grobins missed out on when we were growing up. It was usually about logistics. I guess it made our visits together more memorable for me. Eventhough visits to Morialta falls are memorable for different reasons aren't they Dinah, Kate, Amelia, Kristie?
Hehe Dee, yes I remember a hike, a thong (the foot wear kind) and a very angry Auntie. Oops
oh how precious! i only met grandad once, when i was twelve. These are wonderful to me. post more please. with stories.
Cousin Rachel
Amazing. These pictures are lovely. Grandad has such a beaming look in his eyes. No wonder why the last name is Smylie.
Matt - thanks for these. I would love a copy of all the photos! Amazing how much love I feel for people I've not seen or been around for so many years.
Matt: Thanks so much for these, I think I was away at school in New Zealand with Uncle Andy when the one with Granda and your mum,and the "oldies as kids" was taken in about 1965 and it is great to have photos of what went on while we were away. Keep the photos coming folks.....we love it.....A/di
Post a Comment