
This is the home Shelley and Andris Grobins rented 23 years ago after they sold their first home. The six children fit beautifully within the walls of this 4 bedroom home. It was also a great neighbourhood for making friends, Trisha, Matt, Jason, Adrian, Belinda and the best friend of all Kelly. Good times.
This photo was taken 20years and 1 new kitchen later when I, one of the afore mention 6 children, bought the house at #20 Deborah Grove. It was sentiment and nostalgia that led Amy and I to go to the open inspection one Saturday. It was desperation that led Mick and I to make an offer for all that we could eventhough it was $20,000 lest than what they wanted. It was Divine intervention that led the owners to knock back ours and every other offer only to ask us four weeks later if we would buy their house.So we did.
This home is important to me because it is where my family is. It's also still a great neighbourhood for making friends. Both Zac and I have made a new friend this year who lives just around the corner. I'm not a gardener and would definately prefer to have a no maintenance yard but in a drought I have as good as that. Our friend Garrett has lived with us for 4 years and will be coming back in June after living in Perth for 8 months. Amy also lived with us for 4 years up to December so we have always needed more than a two bedroom house. We run an open home, your all welcome to stay as long as you want, we'll make room. Our house is on a corner and our over-the-road neighbours are holden enthusiasts who have friends with loud cars and they love our intersection to push the revs as they take off. But I forgive them every time because Hayley and Gareth seem nice. They say hello when we meet on the street and watch our house when we aren't there. We live in a diverse neighbourhood and hope to for a very, very long time , coz we're too lazy to move again.
After reading Sarah's post this week about her neighbour I wondered about where everybody else lives. It would be great if you all could post a picture of your home and tell us something about where you live. Just to get to know us all better. I look forward to seeing here you live.
DEE
3 comments:
You are a Smylie for sure. I think it is the Irish in us that would give the shirt off our backs to whoever needed it. I hope to be able to post picts of our new (new to us anyway) home in 2 months. We move in June 1st. Derick and I will be renting a three bedroom farm house on five acres from a nice couple whose family home it was for years. Actually, I think the lady's father built most of it and laid the wood floors. It has a huge laundry and kitchen. Lots of little nooks that the nieces will just love (and the children when they come). I can't wait to decorate it. Derick's brother and sister-in-law live just across the street. It will be good for us while we finish school and Derick and I can continue to save a good down payment. None of that flexible interest rate or 100% financing for us. NO WAY!!
I loved being at your house. I felt so welcome there. lots of love
i remember going to that house - i love that you are living in it now - it's nice feeling of connection knowing i have actually been in your home. it's not too far from modbury (sp?) chapel is it?
i love the idea of posting pictures of our homes. i will try and get a shot with all of us out front.
love you
dee,it is past midnight and I am reading all the blogs and loving it. It is so great to reconnect with all the family on both sides of the world. We always have an extra person living in our house from time to time so it must be in the genes. Memories are so precious and one of mine is of meeting you as a young women and loving your smile and your lovely soft Auzzie accent. Wish I could give you a big warm Smylie hug, but a mental one will have to do for now, so consider yourself hugged.
Post a Comment