Thursday, April 17, 2008

David Alexander Smylie

Well I've tried a few things and to keep it under 100mg to upload it here it's reduced quality but I'm able to send a dvd over to those that wanted it. It should still be reasonable quality. I did this a few month after I got home for the Soininen clan Christmas over in Tassie at the end of 2006. We have a 1500k/256k connection... So it should take about 50 mins to upload... We really need to upgrade. For the same price we can go to a 24 meg connection... but we live a few kms from the exchange so it would be more like 10mg.. Good enough for me. Well... It's now taken longer than an hour. I guess I just need to be more patient. Done.. Finally... Lets hope this works. Ok... It should work now after hours... Ok.. It works and the quality isnt as good as i thought it was but this will do for now. It seems to have scrambled some of the music as well close to the end as it was uploading. Technology...

Enjoi!

- Matty

10 comments:

Levi Smylie said...

I tried playing it - doesn't seem to be working.

Dinah said...

Matt seems the video "is no longer available" whatever that means...anyway I can't open it a/di

Dinah said...

Oh Matt: What a wonderful video. I was trying not to bawl too loudly through it all. A beautiful tribute to a beautiful man who touched all of our lives. I am proud that he was my Dad and love him very dearly. Thank you for sharing..............love A/Di

Dee said...

Do you think you have enough money to send that to everyone? You know that's over a hundred people in our family. Once they see this they will all want one for themselves, no sharing.

Sarie said...

That's great!! Beautiful. And great music. Matt, have people told you you look like GrandDad? A few of those pictures look very very similar to you!

Anonymous said...

there's nothing like a good cry at 1 in the morning! so glad you got it running - i remember sitting and sifting through the old biscuit tins filled with those pictures a hundred times - it was wonderful to see them again and to listen to them with some of dad's favorite hymns.

thanks matt, i love you!

Ash said...

WE WANT ONE!!!!! I love it!!!
How can I make that happen??

Kristie said...

Matt that was wonderful. My emotions were under control until the hymn "Each life that touches ours" which I cannot sing without tears welling up. Grandad always had that little sparkle in his eyes, even as a young lad.

Matt, maybe you should make a copy for all the Aunts and Uncles and then they can make copies for their own children. This should cut down the cost of postage for you. xx

Rachel Brown said...

Thank you so much cousin,
that was special!
is it the kind of thing you can upload to a picture server like snapfish or picasa so anyone can order their own prints?

so glad you did that.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Loved that Matt.
I love his Quorum of the Twelve photo at the end. And the cheeky sailor photos too. And all the rest.
It's good to know that we can see Grandad again in the not too distant future through the gospel of Jesus Christ and the wonderful plan of salvation.