Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Count Your Many Blessings

The weekend was a feast of family.

Saturday evening we were invited to Chris & Youni's where Mum, Chris & Youni, Shelley, Al & Gerry and Trish and myself, enjoyed each others' company over a scrumptious meal and played a game of dominoes. Of course I won. I think we must be getting old cause we all hit a "brick wall" about 9:30 and headed for home.

During the course of the evening Shelley asked what seemed at the time a strange question. "I wonder what he (DAD) is doing right now? Dad died some years ago, remember. I don't recall anyone answering the question direct but I have thought a little on it since.

Shelley's question went through my mind several times during the Blessing of young Erin and "starve and tell" (Trish is so irreverent) meeting on the Sunday.

The best answer I could come up with was "I am sure he is happy with family and friends and going about the Lord's work" Not really profound but it reminded me of the truth of the gospel and the joy we have as we meet and share our experiences as family.

Reading young Erin Soininen's intro she said she belonged to Chris & Youni and I thought how wonderful it is to belong and be loved.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Sunday at the blessing and back at Mick and Dee's place. Thanks for the invitation. You can imagine my delight - a camera and all those kids with wonderful smiling faces etc etc.

And to top it off I got to hear Sharry's voice on the other end of the phone and talk to her briefly. I promised to email but I have processed a few images in photoshop instead - I love to play ........


One Sweet Cup Cake.


Zac & his War Wounds


Zac minus his War Wounds


Gus & His Ball


How can anyone resist those beautiful eyes

Stay tuned for more of these wonderful kids ........... but don't hold your breath.

Love, kisses and big hugs to all
Andy & Trish
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO ........ share 'em round

7 comments:

Kristie said...

I love that I "belong" to a great family. During my youth there were times when I fought to free myself from the ties that bound me too my family but now, a little wiser and with a family of my own, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Uncle Andy you are so talented with your photography. I will definately take you up on your offer to spend sometime with you and your camera once I have done my course. Can you please email me the pic of Dee, Ingrid & myself that you took - kblack75@bigpond.net.au

Dee said...

Thank you. there is just no comparison. For me it's the invitation of the juicy bottom lip. I could eat him all up.

Dinah said...

Andy, I get to homesick to hear your voice and it is so good to see your comments on-line. I love your photography and could eat each of the darling faces. Sorry I could not be at "the gathering" but I was there in spirit, having spoken to Mum earlier in the day. Love to all....di

andy smylie said...

Will do Kristie.

Dee, hope it is OK to post the kids here. will get you a print for the family album if you want.

Dinah - me too - loved talking to you last month (was it that long?)and hearing your voice. You always have a special place in my heart and I think of you often.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Andy - you are so very talented, those photos are beautiful.

Dee said...

Stunning work!!! Your my big brother aren't I blessed but not with the talent but I'll take you over talent any day. XX00 Shelley #5

Anonymous said...

i remember when i brought steven and caitlin home to australia all those many years ago - we did the big weekend retreat in victor harbor - my most favorite memory of that trip is sitting in the big hall playing games with all the grown ups till way past a respectable hour, and lauging, teasing, and just enjoying the moments.

another of my fondest memories is from my last trip home - gathered at andy and trisha's singing and playing music, borrowing from each others talents - again there was a lot of general rowdiness, much laughter, and even a few tears, just for good measure.

i love that we are loud.