Sunday, April 6, 2008

Blessings

We had Poppy's blessing yesterday. Ewan gave the blessing and Papa, Uncle Jouni, Uncle Peter and Christopher (cousin) joined in the circle. Aunty Gerry and Uncle Al weren't able to make it because a house fell off the back of a truck. Erin was blessed with desire for knowledge, pursuit of good things and strength for challenges yet to be faced from which she will gain knowledge and experience. Then she cried so loud into the microphone the blessing was promptly ended.
After church everyone came to our house for lunch. It's something we have always done. I remember getting together for all manner of reasons. Like my baptism at Prospect chapel. After that we went back to Aunty Donna's house because Levi and Richard got baptised the same day. I drive past that street once a week when I drive the school bus. Thank you to Aunty Sharon for calling yesterday. Everyone thought that was cool. Did you know you were on the phone for 80 mins. Our 30 seconds was just enough to tell you the most important bit, that I love you.

We'll get conference here soon but Mum and I will watch it on the computer instead because these boys will just ruin it for me.

3 comments:

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hithisjessiecutepictures

Sarie said...

Love the update, Dee. And your hair color is beautiful.

Kristie said...

Sunday was lovely and thanks for letting Ewan bless her. Before he got up Ewan asked me what her full name is and I said Erin Shelley. Luckily he asked you as he took her from you and blessed her with her correct name of Erin Lily. Mum's know everything :) xx