Saturday, March 1, 2008

they started it ...



carrying on from sharry's intro to the family 24/7 blog, i thought you might be interested in these old photos i have been trying to restore. (work in progress)


"February 1945"



"Lillie and David"




"Gran & Grandad McCracken"


i think it might be a good idea as each family logs on to introduce them selves so that we become re familiar with each other. i know i have lost touch of all the babies and young families and who has married who etc etc.

till next time

cheers
Andy
XO

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

andy you read my mind - i was wanting to put those pictures up, and i think i have copies, but couldn't find them. thank you so much.

as far as who's who, and who goes with who, and what names go where - i think there element boxes that might work - maybe each family could add an element list or the the other font/word element - (can't remember what its called, but i think its on the left side) - anyway...they could fill in the names and ages of thier immediate family, eg you could list your 4 kids, and then they could have their own box and add there kids?!

does any of that make sense? maybe a family picture placed on top of their family box?!

i love tht ther's a chance that this might actually blossom. thanks again. love you

andy smylie said...

the idea for who is who sounds good and will certainly keep each family to the forefront when posting..... but might become a very long sidebar if all participate. give it a go and see what developes.

if the response to your blog and the blossoming of some of the other family bloggers i think there is a chance this will take off..... sustaining it is the difficult part.

luv ya XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Andy.
Thank you sooo much for these photos. I've always wanted to have them on my wall and now I will.
Love your photography too. I had a look at your web page - very impressed. xxx
Hi Sharon too. xxx
The Soininens have a family web page and it works really well. It goes in spurts - busier around Christmas etc, but it's nice to see the odd photo here and there (odd in both senses) and share important news. Some contribute more than others but it doesn't matter - everyone reads it regularly and enjoys it.
I imagine it will work well having both blogs going. This one for most of the news and photos and the Soininen blog for only Soininen news such as organising what on earth to get Nana Soininen for Christmas.

Ash said...

I love these pictures!! So fun to see. What a beautiful couple!

ariana said...

hi andy,
So good to hear from you. I enjoyed so much spending time with you and Trish while we were there. It doesn't seem like two years. I am still familiarizing myself with all this weblogging. Thankyou so much for posting those picts. Sadly, we don't always get stuff like that all the way over here. Maybe mom did, but I don't really have any of those old photos. I have really been wanting them for a scrapbook for my wedding too. Lots of love. Keep shooting too. I am so inspired.