Monday, March 3, 2008

Jake and Sarah

We are part of this great legacy started so many years ago! We are the Smylies. I'm Sarah, and I'm 28. Jake just turned 30(!!) yesterday, Grace is almost 5 and Ruby is almost 3. We are expecting another baby at the end of June! We have been really missing out on all the Australians, having never been there myself, and I am really excited about this opportunity. If we all blog regular entries and get this blog exciting, we will be able to publish it in a year or so maybe?? That would be so great to have it in a book and know who everyone is!
Here is our story: I grew up in Northern California (Eureka) for the first 18 years of my life. I'm the second oldest of 9 kids and moved out to Utah as soon as I graduated High School. Jake grew up partly in Adelaide, Utah, and Arizona, served a mission in South Carolina, and returned to live in Utah. We met a few years later and were friends for several months before we started dating. I fell in love with him long before that, though!! We got married in August of 2001 in the Oakland, California Temple. We took a few semesters of college together, and after awhile, I had Grace and he finished school just as I was pregnant with Ruby. We moved to Arizona shortly after that for a year of trying a couple of different jobs for Jake. We moved back to Utah for awhile, and now our lives have brought us to Lakeland, Florida, where we live close to Austin and Ashley, Sarah and Darrell, and Donna, Steve and Jessie. Things are great! We hope to get to know all of you better as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank for dropping in kids - i know you just love this sort of thing sarah - thanks for the inspiration - happy birthday jake - love all round.