Friday, March 14, 2008

Cousin Ari (soon to be Graf)



Hi all my wonderful family. I am slowly getting the hang of this. It is so great to be able to interact with my family across the world this way. Sometimes I feel so isolated, but I hear snippets of news now and then, and they have been like little chocolates for my spirit. I never turn down chocolate. Our family has grown in leaps and heaps in just the last 2 years. I love it. For those new additions who don't know me, I am Ariana Kathleen Merrill, Auntie Dinah Smylie's third of five. I have been dating Derick Graf for going on two years now. We met at work and took it very slow at first. In due time, he joined the church and now we can't seem to get along very well without eachother. We will have been engaged a year March 31st, and I am very ready to be married already!! We did have to push the wedding back a week to accomodate Sariah's HS graduation. Am I a nice sister or what? At any rate, we will be sealed in the Columbus temple on June 6 with a reception to follow on the 7th. I have been working wedding plans in with my full nursing program schedule, working part time to keep gas in my car, and fulfilling my calling as primary president. As Derick and I are watching all our pennies, we are attempting the most economical, yet beautiful, garden reception as possible. The Lord has indeed opened the windows of heaven. My best finds to date have been my gorgeous wedding dress that really does make me feel like a princess (brand new at goodwill marked down to $30) and 40 large white pillar candle ($1 a piece from Odd Lots). I love you all

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm looking forward to being there for the big day - it will be nice to meet all the new arrivals to the family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ariana
I haven't seen you for five months now, but it seems just the other day we were hay-riding at Derick's parents place. What great memories.
So glad your wedding plans are coming along nicely. I can't believe you found a great dress for only 30 bucks. Someone is looking out for you that's for sure. Wish we were back in Greenville with you guys. Love and kisses.

Kristie said...

Hi Ariana, that is a stunning picture of you and Derick in front of those amazing sunflowers. Sounds like all the wedding plans are coming along nicely. Look forward to reading more about the wedding plans. Love Kristie

Dee said...

Nice. i thought my wedding was well budgetted, but $300 for my runway dress seems expensive compared to yours. I recon I'll still hold the title for cheapest honeymoon $0 to stay 1 week in a small rundown half renovated shack in the middle of no-where. I'm not exagerating just ask my mum.
Dee

Rachel Brown said...

you are the nicest sister and therefore deserve the largest blessings.
love
Rcahel b

Sarie said...

Wish we lived close, we could throw in a few free wedding photographers too! So exciting, hope to get to know you better through the blog!

Amelia said...

Hey Ariana
It's great to hear about your wedding plans - what an exciting time. That is a gorgeous photo of you both together. Wish you guys lived closer XO