Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cheering and Fearing!!!
























































When she was 9 years old we went to meet her Auntie Sharon and her cousin, Caitlin, in Arizona. She was reading the first Harry Potter and... talking to everyone on the plane about whether they were reading it too. Then in the blink of an eye she was “dating Clay” and “phoning Jordan” and “meeting Kerry to go shopping.” She was winning awards and designing art projects and lining up apartments and summer classes at Brigham Young University.

Where did the little girl go? How did she get to be so grown up and wanting to go out and see the world?
She still loves to read Harry Potter (nine books later) and any other book that crosses her path. She still likes to cuddle under the quilt with her Mum and watch “Dancing with the Stars.” And she still can make me laugh on the blackest day. Her sense of humor is infectious and her smile is a winner. We have seen some pretty rough times and some really great times together and I love her so.
On this end-of-an-epic with her formal secondary education, I thought I would share with the family some of her pictures that I took in our yard amongst the lilacs and some at the local park. I am cheering for her on the side lines, wishing for her every happiness that is in store, but I am also fearing that someone would hurt this beautiful daughter and cause her unhappiness. The hardest part of being a parent is letting your children grow up and even though I have practiced this four times in the past, I still have that gut wrenching fear of letting her go. Somewhere I will always see that little 9 year old girl in this beautiful women she has become. I love you Sariah, with all my heart. God bless, darlin' xoxo, Mum.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was hoping you'd tell me this part of child rearing got a little easier with each one - that one day it would be old hat and no big deal. i never cried when my kids started school - they were so excited, how could i be sad?! - but last night caitlin tried on her cap and gown...and i got a little teary. i think this just the calm before the storm.

your photos are lovely - it's a good thing when you can outshine the beauty around you - you're gorgeous sariah.

see you in a few weeks!!!

Dinah said...

Sharon bring your camera if you want to. I only have a little digital, but with you talents you could really catch outstanding shots of Ariana and Derick on "the day". Can't wait to see you, camera or no camera...love ya....di

Caitlin Rose said...

Simply lovely. I would love to visit her during her stay at BYU. Just tell me when and where and I am there!!!

Sarie said...

Good to know this feeling is normal... I'm already so afraid.

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

HIDINAH

Dee said...

Sariah, the best times are still ahead. Don't slow down.