Some time ago Dee asked us about our homes and I wanted to share what my home is like in Greenville, Ohio, This was taken in the Autumn when Rebecca, Morgan and children came to visit. I was very sick and literally had to be held up by the van when taking that picture, but I had got them all Ohio Buckeye shirts and thought they looked great. Thought you might enjoy a little part of their visit, though I was the worst host, I was thrilled that they came to visit me. The homes in Greenville are of every shape and size and very different architecture. My house is very old and has a lot of upkeep that needs doing. The garden is lovely.
Your home must be feeling a little quiet these days, but I'm sure it would hug anyone who walks in the front door looking for love. Thank you for being a cool Aunty I love you too.
Hi Auntie Dinah. We LOVED our stay with you. It wasn't good that you were sick, but it was good that you were a captive audience. We loved your house and Greenville, Derrick's family, Ariana's cooking, but most of all - you. We felt right at home at your place and very comfortable and welcome. You're so much like my Mum, very affectionate and caring and you look alike too - just ask Elizabeth. Morgan and I took great pleasure in making the family wear the Ohio t-shirts on our trip. I love these photos of us. We all wear our t-shirts a lot, just not at the same time anymore. Thanks for everything Auntie Dinah. xxx
talk about faux pas! - that could get a person beat up for getting the state team's name!!! shows how much i know or care about basketball. just kidding...i know it's baseball. :)
i'll make a deal with you - you can keep the t-shirts if you promise to come visit us one of these days!
i think i was going to say "...beat up, comma, forgetting the state team's name", but my brain shifted gears part way thru...ooh something shiny...and i was suddenly leaning towards "...beat up for getting the state team's name wrong", and then i'm not exactly sure what happen...ooh something shiny
Sharry...it is the Cincinnati REDS baseball team and the Ohio State University BUCKEYES football team. Being politically correct is important to somebody I am sure...I could care less. Give me World Cup Soccer any day!!!!!no matter what your politics are....WE WILL, WE WILL ROCK YOU!!!!.love ya...di
David Alexander Smylie (a few days shy of 24) and Jane Lillie McCracken (a month shy of 18)
who knew
in 1945, an adoring young couple from belfast, northern ireland, began a marriage they thought would last for time only. they felt blessed to have found each other. over the decades however, that blessing has increased, and the marriage has grown into a union, sealed for time and eternity...it has produced a family that numbers well over 100 souls; scattered across the length and breadth of two continents. in their wildest dreams i'm sure they never imagined the world of possibility to be born of two simply, and softly spoken words, "i do".
9 comments:
Your home must be feeling a little quiet these days, but I'm sure it would hug anyone who walks in the front door looking for love. Thank you for being a cool Aunty I love you too.
Hi Auntie Dinah. We LOVED our stay with you. It wasn't good that you were sick, but it was good that you were a captive audience. We loved your house and Greenville, Derrick's family, Ariana's cooking, but most of all - you. We felt right at home at your place and very comfortable and welcome. You're so much like my Mum, very affectionate and caring and you look alike too - just ask Elizabeth.
Morgan and I took great pleasure in making the family wear the Ohio t-shirts on our trip. I love these photos of us. We all wear our t-shirts a lot, just not at the same time anymore. Thanks for everything Auntie Dinah. xxx
hey, i stayed at the luxurious merrill suites...where's my complimentary buckaneers t-shirt?
Dear Sharry...I will look for a shirt for you and Steve when I get back. Will that make up for my faux pas!!!!! ..........love ya ..............di
Oh and Sharri....it is Buckeyes!!! love ya anyway
talk about faux pas! - that could get a person beat up for getting the state team's name!!! shows how much i know or care about basketball. just kidding...i know it's baseball. :)
i'll make a deal with you - you can keep the t-shirts if you promise to come visit us one of these days!
love you much.
oops. typo.
i think i was going to say "...beat up, comma, forgetting the state team's name", but my brain shifted gears part way thru...ooh something shiny...and i was suddenly leaning towards "...beat up for getting the state team's name wrong", and then i'm not exactly sure what happen...ooh something shiny
you girls should go on the road with your double act.
Sharry...it is the Cincinnati REDS baseball team and the Ohio State University BUCKEYES football team. Being politically correct is important to somebody I am sure...I could care less. Give me World Cup Soccer any day!!!!!no matter what your politics are....WE WILL, WE WILL ROCK YOU!!!!.love ya...di
Post a Comment