(Dated: 16 Jan. 04)
"This is a little of the story of how the missionaries found us.
David (Granda) was a bus driver and worked spreads---this meant he worked early morning to 10:00 AM and evening from 2-10 PM. We had just moved into our first home and made friends with a family across the street called Alfred and Ray Nickels. Each morning Ray and I had a cigarette and coffee brake and it was a morning in March when I watched two young men talking to Ray. When they left and we were having our brake I asked who they were and she told me they were 'those Mormon fellows.' We laughed when I quipped that they had two wives and Ray thought we were clever when she told them to come back in the evening and talk to her husband.
The next day she told me they had called and it was interesting what they had to say. David had just come in from early morning spread when they knocked our door. It was late March 1951 and I had a new baby about a month before. Thinking to turn them away gently, after they had talked to David for about ten minutes, I said I must bath the baby to which one of them said he hadn't seen a baby bathed for ages and we invited them in. And just like that our lives changed for ever."
"This is a little of the story of how the missionaries found us.
David (Granda) was a bus driver and worked spreads---this meant he worked early morning to 10:00 AM and evening from 2-10 PM. We had just moved into our first home and made friends with a family across the street called Alfred and Ray Nickels. Each morning Ray and I had a cigarette and coffee brake and it was a morning in March when I watched two young men talking to Ray. When they left and we were having our brake I asked who they were and she told me they were 'those Mormon fellows.' We laughed when I quipped that they had two wives and Ray thought we were clever when she told them to come back in the evening and talk to her husband.
The next day she told me they had called and it was interesting what they had to say. David had just come in from early morning spread when they knocked our door. It was late March 1951 and I had a new baby about a month before. Thinking to turn them away gently, after they had talked to David for about ten minutes, I said I must bath the baby to which one of them said he hadn't seen a baby bathed for ages and we invited them in. And just like that our lives changed for ever."
No comments:
Post a Comment