Monday, December 1, 2008

Anyone Know?

A friend of mine sent me an email as follows. Let me know if you can help!!

Thanks and lots of love,
Sarah

"Looking for a certain brand name of licorice. So here's what I know about this delicious-can't-find-anywhere licorice from Australia. An old friend, Shirley Kilpatrick used to bring back a big suitcase full of it any time she went over there. I am determined to find it again but my Mom lost contact with all of her kids since they moved out of the area and I can't find it on the internet. It comes in a brown paper bag about 8 inches by 8 inches and it comes in large 1 1/2 inch (or so) ropes that are broken up into about 6 inch pieces to fit in the bag. It's so soft and so yummy unlike any of the other "Australian" licorice I've tried here in the states.
Maybe you could put the word out and see if anyone has heard of it. From my understanding it's pretty well known over there. I'm hoping I can find it on the internet somewhere if I can figure out the name. If this doesn't work I might have to plan a trip to Australian in the near future (In my dreams, maybe some day)."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey shell - you are the authority on all things licorice! any idea?

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it could be Darell Lea licorice - thats probably one of the biggest brands in Australia

Kristie said...

I'm with Erin...Darrell Lea licorice...so soft and yummy...if you want some it's gonna cost you...we'll hold it randsom until we get what we want :)

georgia & kent said...

it definitely sounds like darrell lea!

Sarie said...

Kristie, are you trying to bribe us into coming to Australia?? Done. Or you can come to the states... Hey! YOU CAN COME TO THE STATES!

Kristie said...

yes come...please come...I'll offer free accommodation in exchange for smiles and laughs from your ever-so-cute girls.

LuCDay said...

That looks like it might just be it! The package looks different but maybe they updated it since I last had it 10 plus years ago. Sure worth a shot, it sound delicious either way. Thank you Sarah for putting the word out there for me and for everyone who responded!

Anonymous said...

#5 Shelley

Hi guys yes it certainly looks and sounds and smells like Darell Lea licorice. Over here we can get similar licorice in lots of places now. Love Shelley

Benjamin Merrill said...

For What it is worth, it has to be DArrell Lea licorice. It was what our Chrissy would have for me whenever I got a chance to visit Adelaide. I long for it and rave about it when we talk of going and getting lollies in Adelaide. Haige's (sp?) chocolates come in a close first if it is chocolates you are looking for.....my mouth is watering......di

Anonymous said...

It's Darrell Lea...and you can get it at Target and at World Market in the U.S.